Crafted for immersive, high-definition gaming, the 15.6" Alienware 15 R4 Notebook from Dell balances power and portability. It is equipped with a 1920 x 1080 Full HD IPS display that is driven by 300 cd/m2 brightness, a refresh rate of 60 Hz, viewing angles of 160°, and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card with 6GB of GDDR5 VRAM. With a dedicated graphics card, you'll be able to crank up in-game visual settings and enable additional graphical eye-candy options to enjoy your games at their best. This GeForce GTX 1060 card has also been overclocked by NVIDIA, enabling improved performance when compared to a standard GTX 1060. Balancing out the rest of the system is a 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7-8750H Six-Core processor that can be overclocked to 4.1 GHz and 16GB of 2400 MHz DDR4 RAM that'll allow you to efficiently multitask and quickly access frequently used files and programs.
For storage, the Alienware 15 R4 has a 1TB SATA III 2.5" hard drive with an 8GB SSD cache. If you want to take advantage of external storage or connect peripherals such as optical drives, memory card readers, printers, and more, this can be done using one USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C port, two USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A ports, one of which features PowerShare technology, and one Thunderbolt 3 port, which also supports USB 3.1 Gen 2. Furthermore, using its HDMI 2.0, mini-DisplayPort 1.3, and Thunderbolt 3 ports, you can connect external displays for extensive multitasking. Other integrated features include a Full HD webcam, Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, a headphone/mic combo jack, a headset jack, stereo speakers, Alienware's TactX keyboard with N-key rollover, 5 user-programmable keys, and 4-zone, multi-color RGB-LED AlienFX lighting. Included is a 180W power adapter and a 4-cell / 68Wh lithium-ion battery. The installed operating system is Windows 10 Home (64-bit).
- Up to 32GB RAM
- The memory can be upgraded to 32GB using a 16GB module in each of the 260-pin SO-DIMM slots.
- Internal Storage Upgrades
- The system's internal storage can be upgraded or added to, as there are three M.2 SSD slots (one 2242 for SATA III & NVMe PCIe, one 2280 for SATA III & NVMe PCIe, and one 2280 for NVMe PCIe), as well as one 2.5" SATA III drive bay.
- IPS Display
- Built with an IPS (In-Plane Switching) panel, the display will provide you with wide 160°viewing angles and vivid colors for an immersive viewing experience.
- Thunderbolt 3
- Thunderbolt 3 is a hardware interface that utilizes the reversible USB Type-C connector. Doubling the speed of its predecessor, Thunderbolt 3 features a maximum throughput of 40 Gb/s when used with compatible devices. The connector also transmits data via USB 3.1 at up to 10 Gb/s, and dual-bandwidth DisplayPort 1.2 allows you to connect up to two 4K displays simultaneously. Additionally, you can daisy chain up to six devices from a single Thunderbolt 3 port.
- HDMI 7.1-Channel Audio
- The HDMI 2.0 port can output 7.1-channel digital audio.
- Hinge-Forward Design
- A hinge-forward design brings the thermal shelf to the rear, enabling a variety of improved benefits, such as a thinner overall design while increasing performance, improved ventilation, higher quality sound, and external ports organization.
- Alienware TactX Keyboard
- With an upgraded Alienware TactX keyboard, N-key rollover is now supported, enabling over 108-key commands for more actions per minute, and 2.2mm of key travel allows for rapid keystroke responses. Plus, it's reinforced with a steel backplate for rigidity and uniform feedback and a life of up to 10 million keystrokes.
- AlienFX Lighting
- Create a more personalized look for your machine with AlienFX lighting. This RGB/LED-enabled lighting is supported on over 130 games with the option to create and download unique themes. AlienFX lighting features 4-zone, multi-color RGB keyboard with lighting controls.
- Designed to Keep Cool
- A higher maximum thermal design power (TDP) support means that your system can handle a higher total wattage for internal components, enabling a higher level of performance. With the entire ventilation system upgraded, your system can stay cool even under extreme graphics pressure.
- Hear Every Battle Cry
- Due to the upgraded design, a larger and more effective speaker box has been installed, improving audio output for a clearer and more dramatic gaming experience.
- Clear the Desktop and the Board
- Avoid excess cables and embrace the "desktop mode" design, where most of your critical connections and ports are in the back and out of the way.
- Killer Wireless
- Killer DoubleShot Pro provides a wired and wireless networking setup that prioritizes internet traffic and data streams to the applications most important to you.
- Alienware Graphics Amplifier Port
- The Alienware Graphics Amplifier can be connected to this port and enables future-proofing of upgradeable full-length, dual-wide graphics and additional 4-port USB 3.1 Gen 1 hub for added peripherals. With a dedicated PCIe x4 Gen 3 with up to 40 Gb/s throughout, you won't have to worry about the disadvantages that come with a shared connection. Please note that the Alienware Graphics Amplifier is sold separately.
- Alienware Full HD Camera
- The built-in Full HD webcam supports Windows Hello and Tobii Aware eye tracking software so you can easily log into your PC as well as use your eyes to assist you within specific games.
- With an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card and a 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7-8750H Six-Core processor, the Alienware 15 is capable of producing high-end VR experiences.
- Build Quality
- The Alienware 15 is a good balance of power and portability and is made with premium materials for an overall higher quality build. Magnesium alloy helps ensure structural rigidity, anodized aluminum provides protection, copper allows for improved thermal management for higher performance, and reinforced steel contributes to the overall tactile comfort.
15.54" Full HD display
The 1920 x 1080 resolution boasts impressive color and clarity. IPS technology for wide viewing angles.
8th Gen Intel Core i7-8750H mobile processor
Powerful 6-core, twelve-way processing performance. Intel Turbo Boost Technology delivers dynamic extra power when you need it, while increasing energy efficiency when you don't.
16GB system memory for intense multitasking and gaming
Reams of high-bandwidth DDR4 RAM to smoothly run your graphics-heavy PC games and video-editing applications, as well as numerous programs and browser tabs all at once.
2-in-1 hybrid hard drive provides both size and speed
Incorporates a large-capacity 1TB hard drive for ample storage, with 8GB of NAND Flash memory to speed up start times and accelerate frequently accessed data.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics
Backed by 6GB GDDR5 dedicated video memory for an ultrafast, advanced GPU to fuel your games.
Weighs 7.69 lbs. and measures 1" thin
Compact power to go, so there's no need to compromise on visual real estate or gaming power to gain portability. 4-cell lithium-ion battery.
HDMI output expands your viewing options
Connect to an HDTV or high-def monitor to set up two screens side by side or just see more of the big picture.
Thunderbolt port for connecting advanced monitors and external drives
This single interface supports both high-speed data and high-def video — plus power over cable for bus-powered devices — ideal for digital content creators.
Next-generation wireless connectivity
Connects to your network or hotspots on all current Wi-Fi standards. Connect to a Wireless-AC router for speed nearly 3x faster than Wireless-N. The Gigabit Ethernet LAN port also plugs into wired networks.
Mini DisplayPort and headphone/microphone combo jack.
Note: This laptop does not include a built-in DVD/CD drive.